第十七世大寶法王:「現代生活的挑戰」
His Holiness the XVII Karmapa: “Challenges of Modern Life”
~ A meeting of the Old Dharamsala Wallahs and HH Karmapa in India, Spring 2010
(印度「舊達蘭薩拉工作人員」之聚會,2010年春天)
When The Iron Bird Flies 當鐵鳥升空 ~ Extra Clips 加碼訪問
影片連結: https://vimeo.com/channels/
~ 全片重要資訊請看
https://www.facebook.com/whentheironbirdflies/photos/a.761578044009122/886173501549575/?type=3&theater (光碟購買請洽:德祺書坊、藏喜行、台北全德文物廣場、香港佛哲書舍、靈鷲山宗教博物館生命和平多元空間等處。)
訪問者:
Last question
最後一個問題
Please, could you please give some words of advice on how best to keep the profundity of the Tibetan approach to Buddhism in a context of busy Western lives, who, with people maybe not so interested in ritual? Etc. Thank you
可以請您給予一些忠告,讓那些既生活忙碌又對儀式沒多少興趣的現代西方人,也能保存藏傳佛教法門的深度。謝謝您。
大寶法王:(藏文)(Tibetan)
In Tibetan Buddhism, we have all vehicles have practices, including Vajrayana practices. And a lot of us today are attracted. It is not necessarily actually that one has to really practice Vajrayana but we have today some kind of special attraction towards Vajrayana practice.
藏傳佛教中,我們有不同車乘的修持,包括金剛乘的修持。我們今天有很多人都受到吸引,他們不盡然真正在修金剛乘,但是卻對金剛乘的修持情有獨鍾。
And, so, the most important part of our Dharma practice is to understand the essence of the inner, core meaning of Dharma - What is Dharma? Dharma is, well, to affect, impact, change on our mind and state of our mind. Mind stream. For our mind is already very sophisticated, with innumerable conflicting emotions, resulting from long perpetuated habits and essence of Dharma is to purify these ignorances.
那麼,修持佛法最重要的,就是要了解佛法之內在精要、核心義理。佛法是什麼?佛法是對我們的心、心境、心相續帶來影響、改變,因為我們的心已相當複雜精密,有著無以計數的煩惱,而這些煩惱來自長久延續的習性,佛法的精要就在於淨化這些無明。
And in order to do this, we must take the help of antidotes. So, antidotes are to make us as patients, we must be a very special person and also develop a very kindly hearted…, heart person.
為了做到這一點,我們必須藉由對治法的幫助,因此對治法就是把自己當作病人,必須讓自己成為非常不同的人、心地非常良善的人。
But more than that, everything eventually sort of you know, boils down to the mind. As long as your mind is not corrected, mind is not spacious, mind is not sort of written off sophisticated, habitual patterns of propensities, then the end result is not resolved that desire.
但此外還有一點:所有一切都歸諸於心,只要不導正自心、只要自心不夠寬廣,不摒棄複雜、慣性的習氣,那麼最終結果就無法轉化那個貪欲。
Now,
現在
We do study, we do read many scriptural texts, in practical knowledge, there is nothing really that you can sort of draw and take from the text. Therefore, it is best that we really relate, integrate what we are reading to our practical life and for that matter, then only we will know the very nature of samsara and that is very important, unless and until we have that fundamental requisite of eventually becoming a kind person, a compassionate person. It doesn't serve much purpose as to how much you read and how much you know, unless that knowledge is incorporated into your understanding and into the mind stream of your thinking system and bring that out into your daily life.
我們必須學習、閱讀許多經書,但就實用知識而言,你從經書中並不會真的汲取或獲得些什麼。最好是要能真正融會貫通,將所閱讀的知識應用在實際生活中,唯有如此,我們才能了解輪迴的真實本質,這一點是很重要的。除非且直到我們具有讓自己終究成為良善、慈悲者的基本必備條件,除非能將所獲得的知識成為理解的一部分、融入思維系統的心相續中並應用在日常生活中,否則不論是否讀了萬卷書、具備多少的知識,都沒有多少意義。
I think if I know so quite busy, busy man, busy boy.
我想我了解大家是相當忙碌的,忙碌的男人、忙碌的男孩。
Sometimes I also don't have time to do the, you know, rituals. reading text.
有時候我也沒有時間來修持儀軌、閱讀經書。
Actually I have lots of classes, language classes, now philosophy classes, but still I'm quite busy.
其實我要上很多堂課,語言課、現在還有哲學課,我也是很忙的。
But I think the main point is,
但是我認為要點是
maybe we need to understand ourselves
或許我們需要了解自己
sort of some, take some .. maybe take some responsibility
或許擔當起一些責任
And more
還有
Recognize our own sort of ….
認出我們自身
(Tibetan)
Inborn qualities, inborn qualities
本具的特質、本具的特質
Also, some more
此外
deeper understand our life, maybe this is really important.
也要對自己的生命有更深切的了解,這或許相當重要。
Then the second, if we have become like a responsible human being, sort of a good human being, then we have the opportunity or we can practice
其次,如果我們成為認真負責的人類、善良的人類,那麼我們就有機會或者能夠修持
Profound Dharma
甚深佛法
otherwise I think it's difficult
不然,我認為這有困難
Because some people
因為有些人
They think they are Buddhists
他們自認為是佛教徒
followers of Buddha
追隨佛陀的腳步
But, they are good, good human beings or not.
但是他們是否為善良的人類
It's not sure.
並不確定
It's something like - it's just the name of Buddhist follower. Follower
這就好像是 - 他們美其名只是佛教的弟子、追隨者
I think the name it's not enough. Maybe we need some real
我認為名稱本身是不夠的,或許我們需要某種
effect or something, you know.
真實的效應
Maybe we need some meaning of
或許我們需要某種
life. So some of us in our life, some meaning, life needs some meaning.
生命的意義。我們有些人的生活需要某種意義,生命必須具有某種意義。
This is maybe we need to
這或許就是為什麼我們需要
take some action and take some responsibility
採取某些行動、擔當起某些責任。
This is the important
這一點很重要。
Other than that.. I don’t…
除了這個...(我沒什麼可說的了)。
~ 普賢法譯小組Hueymei英聽繕寫與中文翻譯 / Serena完稿於2020苦行月,願一切吉祥!
~ 本篇為「當鐵鳥升空 ~ Extra Clips 加碼訪問」的最後一段翻譯,感謝所有參與志工!
~ 所有加碼訪問的文字和影片連結:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JIxI37Ubyx0JzO8ODnmzvDe_sVz7JcY1/view?usp=sharing